martes, 6 de marzo de 2012

Where nice people are never hard to find

Portugal was a beautiful and mysterious place. I damn Madrid for making me think people have to be unhelpful and mean, but thank you to Portugal it gave me hope in humanity once again. Early flights are always worth it because then you have the rest of the day to know how to get around, which is always a must to places you go. The hostel was a bit difficult to find because it was this little hidden treasure, that had a sign the size of a notebook paper and the door blended in with the rest of the building. Once we arrive and check in etc…we are greeted by one of the nicest ladies ever. She took us under her wing and even made us dinner that night. Even though at first we were creeped out, we eventually accepted the fact that there are nice people outside of Madrid, that don't mine going out of their way in helping you. Okay now the city of Lisbon is beautiful, all of its building look old and what makes it even better is their authenticity. They aren't being continuously restored, they are left to survive on their own. There was a lot of politic grafitti through out the city which interested me, even though some of the words I did not understand. The night life in Lisbon sure is wild, you just see streets filled up people. It gets kinda scary because you have to be aware of your surroundings at all times. other then that I had loads of fun dancing!Portugal had the tendency to claim the had the BEST things in the world. It started with the pastries at Pasteis de Belem, they were theses funky looking things that were delicious. Next the aquarium, now this was the best because its the only one I have been to so I had nothing to compare it to. But the one thing that I do agree on with being the best in the world, were the pancakes that were FREE and handmade by the lovely ladies at our hostel. That will be the best memory I have of Portugal. 







No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario