martes, 14 de febrero de 2012

Granada Take#1

We set off on an adventure to see the land of the gypsies, hear the soul of flamenco and to feel the greatness of La Alhambra. None of us knew what Granada would, and I must say it exceeded all of our expectations. The five hour drive now only seems as if it was a hop and a skip, unlike the never ending bus ride to Barcelona. It was a maze to get to our hostel, and all you could hear walking there were luggage wheels constantly bumping with the stones. This city was filled with narrow cobblestone streets, making it feel as if we were walking back in time. We get to our hostel tired, just ready to crash out. 
(View from our room)
Once we woke that friday we were ready to explore! The walking tour started at 11 am, we had to shower, get dressed, eat, and to think that 9 girls were able to pull that off by 11 am is something very impressive. Our tour guide was this quirky english man with a passion for history and dirty hair. He made Granada just so much more interesting, he even thought us the secret of flamenco.  
(The guide)
One thing I can be sure of in Spain, walking never ends no matter if you are in the city or in a small town. We walked the heck out of Granada, thats for sure. Even though the food is good in Spain theres a point in your stay that you just can't stand tapas anymore. Luckily we were in the right place for some good ol' Moroccan/Arabic/Greek food, I'm not sure whats the tag I would put on it. Couscous never tasted so good.  

(Couscous Dulce)
Now here comes the best part of Granada, La Alhambra, a sultan palace that was over taken by the Spanish queen. I don't blame her for wanting to live here it is just astonishing, I would rather live there then any other palace I have seen so far. It truly is a hidden beauty, up in the mountains that lights up at night giving such an amazing view. Those 5 hours of walking was just not enough to take it all in, there is just so much. I want to go back just so I can appreciate its beauty a bit more. 
(La Alhambra)
This was definitely one of the best weekends I have ever had, the people I went with are all just amazing individuals. They are my family away from home and I would not change it for anything. Awesome times with awesome people, the laughs we have every place we go will never be forgotten :)
(Our family breakfast)

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario